Monday, February 28, 2011

How much is God needed?

helping-handI asked myself this question how is our greatest enemy and I heard someone say that “the biggest enemy which we have today is the devil” in a very dogmatic statement. So it forced me to ask myself two questions; first if this statement is true than the greatest act of God would be to protect me from the devil, because whatever my greatest enemy is would buy necessity have to be the greatest “need” that I would have for God.  Second question “is the devil our worst enemy?” The simple answer is “no” that is not the worst enemy which possess. I believe that the worst enemy that we have is our self! I come to this conclusion from an understanding of the deprived of man. Once an understanding of this Biblical truth than we will have the answer to “how much do we really need God?” So here we go.

let us begin with scripture Rom 5:10  “For if, when we were enemies…to God…” When the term “enemy” is used it is an active sate of heat toward God. but what is it that brings us to this point where we hate God? The answer is found in first John where there are three things which do this there is “the world”, “the flesh”, and “the devil”. When we come to the world we cannot say that the world is the biggest enemy which we have, because even when the world was in a perfect state and there was no evil influence upon humanity we still fell in to sin. Most people would automatically jump to the conclusion that the devil made us sin in the Gardena of Eden and that he is the greatest enemy that we have, but I don't think so. All the devil had to do was simply implant thoughts into our head and then he let us fall all on our own. I believe that “we” are the worst enemies which we have! And I believe this for a number of reasons the chief reason would be found in the statement Rom 1:21  “Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.” It is often assumed that this statement is given to the unbelieving world, and I certainly agree that it does apply to the unregenerate, but I believe the first time this sin took place was in the Garden of Eden when man had not fallen. We knew that God was the source of infinite satisfaction and happiness, then we committed the greatest travesty ever conceivable we trade infinite satisfaction for finite satisfaction, thus making ourselves our greatest enemy against God.

Man in an un-fallen state was not able to sustain in holiness. We find that Man is not alone this particular state. We read in scriptures that even Angels are unable to sustain holiness. In the passage 1Ti5:21 it refers to God sustaining “…the elect angels…”. So what is the purpose of this post? Well here it is and I hope it makes sense to more people than justly me. No created being no matter how perfect is able to sustain in holiness, for God is the only self-sustaining being ever. So every being that is desiring to stay in a state of holiness and remain just. must buy necessity have to have God’s maintaining sovereign hand upon his life or we would all become subject to low and deprived minds. So the answer to the question how deprived is a man, this depravity starts with the fact that God is not an intricate part of my life, so my greatest enemy is not the world and it is not the devil, it is myself. Finally the answer to how much is God needed? God is needed in every area that my will can be exercise because my “free will” is my greatest enemy! May God completely over take my will and I have his will instead of mine. For when I find myself after exercising my “free will” it is always against God’s. Lord help me in my terrible condition and save my soul from myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment